The new and improved Saskatoon Techworks wiki, powered by DokuWiki.

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

meeting:november_8_2016 [2016/11/08 20:08]
reveng created
meeting:november_8_2016 [2016/11/08 20:35] (current)
reveng
Line 1: Line 1:
 == Meeting minutes: November 8, 2016 == == Meeting minutes: November 8, 2016 ==
-  * members in attendance. +  * 11 members in attendance. 
-  * Reviewed minutes from October 11, 2016. Motion ​to accept withheld until we have quorum.+  * Reviewed minutes from October 11, 2016. Motion ​accepted.
   * Members:   * Members:
     * We currently have 33 full members and 3 associate members.     * We currently have 33 full members and 3 associate members.
     * Eylon Mogilner cancelled his membership after moving to Melfort. He expects to come back in a year and rejoin.     * Eylon Mogilner cancelled his membership after moving to Melfort. He expects to come back in a year and rejoin.
-    * Francisco Oltra applied for membership on October 25th and was accepted by the membership committee. Motion ​to accept withheld until we have quorum.+    * Francisco Oltra applied for membership on October 25th and was accepted by the membership committee. Motion ​accepted.
     * Patrick Ridley is 3 months behind on paying dues. In the past, he has paid up after being a few months behind. Board has decided to remind him again and wait another month before taking further action.     * Patrick Ridley is 3 months behind on paying dues. In the past, he has paid up after being a few months behind. Board has decided to remind him again and wait another month before taking further action.
   * Finances:   * Finances:
Line 23: Line 23:
       * Francisco paid two months in advance, leading to further discrepancy between accrual basis and recognized monthly profit/loss next month.       * Francisco paid two months in advance, leading to further discrepancy between accrual basis and recognized monthly profit/loss next month.
       * Now that we have a proper basis for income and expenses, James plans to prepare a budget for next month.       * Now that we have a proper basis for income and expenses, James plans to prepare a budget for next month.
-  * +  * Social events and Workshops:​ 
 +    * Rylan is still willing to host a kiln workshop, but no schedule yet. 
 +    * Rylan also planning to hold another lathe training workshop. No schedule yet. 
 +    * Open house still planned for November 19th, 10AM-5PM: 
 +      * Need to be promoting right away. 
 +      * Plan to run demos of our tools, open cola, dry ice, and soap making throughout the day. 
 +      * Call for projects. Let Albert or Scott know what you can volunteer. 
 +      * Refreshments will be available during the day. Pizza will be provided for volunteers afterward. 
 +      * Scott will advertise online. 
 +      * Al will get business cards. 
 +      * Volunteers: Al, Scott, Randy, James, Erik, John. 
 +  * Acknowledgements:​ 
 +    * Al recognizes Randy for his work on the RFID system. Has two systems working. 
 +    * Recognizes Rylan for bringing in the lathe and compressor and for giving the workshop. 
 +    * Rylan also recognizes Erik for bringing a U-Haul out to Yorkton to bring back the lathe. He paid for everything out of pocket. 
 +    * Recognizes Scott for setting up the online store. 
 +    * John recognizes that the space is quite clean. Only a few small things to clean. 
 +  * Bylaws: John has made some progress, but still lots more to do. 
 +  * Renovations:​ 
 +    * Light switches now work, though still needs to be moved in to our space. Please turn off the lights if you are the last one out. 
 +    * Furnace ductwork is done. 
 +    * Still waiting on plumbing for upstairs toilet. 
 +    * Expecting two more lights to be installed in the clean room. 
 +  * New tenant expected in the front room January 2017. Landlord plans to build a hallway through the front. 
 +  * Equipment maintenance schedule and ownership is still ongoing. 
 +  * New business: 
 +    * Saskatoon Public Library planning a viewing of a documentary on makerspaces in March 2017. We are invited to have a booth and give a talk. Albert organizing it. 
 +    * Space rules reminders:​ 
 +      * Keep front door locked unless you can see it or its a open house night. 
 +      * Lock the gate when you leave, as well as late at night. 
 +      * Please turn off the lights if you are the last one out. 
 +      * When parking in the back, do not block any doorways or vehicles. 
 +      * Purgatory:​ 
 +        * If you find something in the space that is out of place: 
 +          * Put it away if you know where it belongs 
 +          * If you don't, put it in purgatory 
 +        * Every month we go through purgatory. 
 +          * We will try to determine if we wish to keep it. 
 +          * If not, we will try to determine whose it is and return it. 
 +          * If we can't determine the owner, we will dispose of it.
Print/export
QR Code
QR Code meeting:november_8_2016 (generated for current page)