The new and improved Saskatoon Techworks wiki, powered by DokuWiki.

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

meeting:july_12_2011 [2012/02/19 00:48] (current)
reveng Copied from old wiki and reformatted
Line 1: Line 1:
 +===== Minutes for July 12, 2011 ===== 
 +  * 13 members, 1 guest present 
 +  * Read previous minutes 
 +  * Treasurer'​s report 
 +    * "A bit over a dozen" people paying $50 
 +    * A few still at $20 
 +    * Spent several hundred on move-in expenses (total not available yet) 
 +    * Andrew will remind people about upgrading to $50 
 +    * Lease credit comes out this month 
 +  * Report on committees 
 +    * We have a space now 
 +  * Communications - nothing 
 +  * New business follows: 
 +  * We can get a window decal (from HardPressed?​) as part of our lease 
 +  * Have permission to mount RFID reader and electric strike to our door 
 +  * Space security discussion 
 +    * Reader should use same fob as upstairs 
 +    * Should log entry 
 +    * Discussion on webcam security (webcam + motion detector to trigger capture - "store to cloud to increase synergy"​) 
 +  * Motion to move hosting to a new server - passed. Andrew says he has one available. 
 +  * Update wants and needs list 
 +    * More bench space 
 +    * Trash can 
 +    * Fire extinguisher 
 +  * "Shit policy"​ - talked about having an "​outbox"​ bin to put stuff that looks like garbage. Salvage it from here soon or it'll be tossed. 
 +  * Painting benchtops - Ryan will bring in some melamine paint. 
 +  * Pegboard above benches - Tim will bring in some pegboard. Bergo will bring pegs. We will buy more if needed. 
 +  * Motion to build pegboards as discussed - passed. 
 +  * Someone will bring in a microwave 
 +  * First aid supplies 
 +    * Eye wash 
 +    * Gauze 
 +    * etc 
 +    * Lisa will look into 
 +  * Tim's going to make some shelves 
 +  * Ryan will have a stool-building workshop at some point (basic woodworking) 
 +  * Lisa to be safety coordinator - passed. 
 +  * Paul made a flickr page so we can have an sktechworks pool. Didn't mention the name of it, though. 
 +  * Project showcase on the website 
 +  * Tim's working on moving the website to django 
 +  * Implement the "vouch system"​ as in bylaws. 
 +  * Insurance - got quote for D&O. 1/2 mil - $518/yr. 1 mil - $620/yr. Still waiting on liability quote. 
 +  * Motion to go with cheapest quote for liability insurance when we hear back - passed. 
 +  * Tool requests - put on forum. 
 +  * Open house TODO list: 
 +    * Projector 
 +    * Finish building and organizing 
 +    * Sweet projects 
 +  * Ryan will do a power tools basic use and safety seminar 
 +  * Paul will look into marketing materials 
 +  * Door security project team: 
 +    * drostar 
 +    * dankm 
 +    * reveng 
 +    * kaldonis 
 +    * odemia 
 +  ​
Print/export
QR Code
QR Code meeting:july_12_2011 (generated for current page)