The new and improved Saskatoon Techworks wiki, powered by DokuWiki.

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

meeting:july_09_2019 [2019/07/09 22:59] (current)
andrew created
Line 1: Line 1:
 +==== Saskatoon Techworks Meeting Minutes ====
 +--- Time and Location ---
 +  * Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7pm
 +  * Location: Saskatoon TechWorks, 412 44th St E 
 +  * [[meeting:​june_11_2019 | Previous meeting minutes]] (please read ahead of time)
  
 +== Minutes ==
 +
 +  * Attendance: 9 (Non-Quorum)
 +  * Regular Items
 +  * Equipment, Safety and the Space
 +    * Check fire extinguishers
 +    * Quick Clean
 +    * Equipment check
 +
 +    * Previous meeting minutes
 +      * Non-Quorum, can't vote on previous minutes. Deferred till next meeting.
 +      * June 11, 2019
 +      * June 25, 2019
 +
 +    * returning Member
 +      * Fransisco Oltra
 +        * No Objections
 +    * Exiting Member
 +      * Joshua Poetker
 +
 +    * Finances
 +      * Gross profit: $3,787.72
 +        * Includes $125.00 of donations ​
 +      * Ordinary expenses: $2,843.52
 +      * Net income: $944.21
 +      * Liabilities:​ $1,765.60
 +      * Could we cover our liabilities?​ Yes
 +      * Are our accounts being taken care of promptly? Yes
 +      * We are in the black!
 +      * Omio fund is at $1,354
 +
 +    * Social events / group projects ​   ​
 +      * Small talk / Show and Tell 
 +        * July 23 - Need a volunteer
 +        * Mena asked if anyone can just bring a project and talk for 5 minutes. Absolutely!
 +      * Future Workshops / events
 +        * July 11 - CNC Training
 +        * July 18,25 - Arduino 101
 +        * Soap will announced soon as there is interest
 +        * A soldering workshop is also being planned
 +        * Scott would like to make a survey to send out to people who attend workshops as a feedback mechanism and reestablishing contact
 +          * James has a contact he is going to approach in helping with this
 +
 +      * Newsletter sign up - talk to Mena
 +        * workshops
 +        * events
 +        * projects
 +        * upcoming info
 +
 +  * Old Business
 +    * fundraising for metal CNC mill
 +      * get stuff for a donation
 +        * What can we do to push to the finish?
 +        * Only ~$400 left
 +      * last of available Chocolate bars
 +        * No longer available for the good price
 +    * Lease Signed
 +      * We will be getting AC
 +      * AC is amortized over 10 years at 5% interest. Final amount TBD.
 +      * No other changes to the lease other than occupancy went down $10/mo
 +    * To Do List
 +      * remove from list
 +      * Add to list
 +      * assign from list
 +        * Torban will look into the first aid kit
 +        * Scott will look into getting hookup wire to sell in the store
 +        * Torban will look into getting a couple wrench kits (look for deals)
 +        * James will organize the screw drivers to find what we need if any
 +    * if a problem is found with the facilities please contact the board
 +      * thespace@sktechworks.ca
 +      * The timing belt on the small belt sander broke. John replaced it and order more. 
 +
 +  * New business
 +    * Utilizing existing space - who is going to volunteer
 +      * how can we increase usable space in clean room
 +        * Could make shelves for 3D printers instead of separate table for each
 +        * Fix up arcade and move to shared space as a interest generator
 +        * Area by laser cutter (Where Als was) is not being utilized
 +        * re-arrange back door area
 +          * already started. Orange bin storage and others moved around to make more room
 +        * purge
 +        * vendinator was voted off the island (to scott'​s garage until further notice)
 +        * if we move 3d printers to where laser cutter was we can move/rotate the table
 +      * Dirty room
 +        * electrical audit
 +          * looking into how we are powering our tools and look for improvements ​
 +          * rotate the table so there is more room to work around it
 +          * No tools on table/bench tops. Those are work spaces. ​
 +          * Torban will draw up a floor plan we can play around with
 +          * If we need more seating James suggested we get folding chairs instead of more office chairs
 +          * If any other suggestions please email them to thespace
 +      * Shared space
 +        * Rylan to bring some couches
 +    * Open Floor
 +      * James is working on dust collection
 +        * Scott raised concerns based on maker space fire with their dust collection. He would prefer the dust collection not be a permanent installation but rather a roll around unit you hook up to the tool you are using. ​
 +        * After some discussion James suggested we have a permanent fixture for Goliath and then another receptacle that you hook up the smaller tools to
 +        * Everyone is okay with James continuing with looking into this plan
 +      * It was brought up that people are opening the laser cutter too quickly after cutting ABS. It needs to be vented more before opening it. The ABS cutting fumes are toxic. ​
 +      * The laser knob allows to tube to be overdriven. Torban will look into limiting the knob. 
 +
 +    * Acknowledgements
 +      * Scott for negotiating and taking care of the Lease
 +      * Scott for running workshops
 +      * Mena for doing the newsletter
 +      * John and Torban for moving things around in the back
 +      * Everyone who has been using thespace
 +      * Everyone who attended tonights meeting
 +
 +  * Next Meeting - August 13, 2019
 +
 +  * Purgatory box
Print/export
QR Code
QR Code meeting:july_09_2019 (generated for current page)